Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

I am so sorry that I have been MIA for the past couple of weeks! Unfortunately, my Grandfather passed away on Christmas morning and it made the holidays a bit more stressful than usual.

For those wondering, everyone loved all of my handmade gifts this year. Because of my Grandfather's ailing health the last few days before Christmas, I did not get everything accomplished that I had wanted to, but I made way more than I ever would have if I hadn't been part of the challenge, so I an thankful for that! Being part of the challenge has re-ignited my passion for crafting, so one of my resolutions for this year is to do more... especially sewing!

On to another resolution for this year... believe it or not, I am now taking part in a new challenge! A challenge to lose weight and get healthy for the new year... and the rest of my life. I have gained so much weight since having my kids and I have been so unhappy about it for such a long time! I am taking part in a "Biggest Loser" challenge over the next 12 weeks with a group of ladies from a Mommy forum that I am part of. My goal over the next 12 weeks is to lose 30 pounds. After the 12 weeks is over, I would like to lose about 16-18 more to get back to my old pre-baby, pre-husband weight! LOL!

I will post my progress here on my blog so that you all can help cheer me along! I can use all the encouragement I can get!!! I have never been this heavy before and never had so much weight to lose, but I know that I can do it. Being part of this new challenge will be fun, challenging and exciting!

Thanks for catching up with me! I hope you are all well and I wish you all a Happy, Healthy & Safe New Year!

Karyn

No comments: